Mean Green Polluting Machine


Work has been a heck of an experience today. This particular morning left me irritated and overwhelmed. I have a lot on my plate at work and let me just say that I love it. Not many people can truly say they love their job but I do. I just get exhausted when I see no change. There are problems….problems that are addressed, discussed and dismissed on a whim only to greet me with a heavier presence the next time I turn around. This morning, I was caught up in the chaos. My white shirt ripped, my skin turned green and I grew this terrible lisp much stronger than the one before. Needless to say, I came back from court and unleashed my terror. Papers were flying and desks were breaking as I made sure my coworkers were aware of my troublesome life. “JESS SMASH!!!”


Why did I do that? When did I become such a…complainer? *shiver* I used to be so optimistic. Really, it was sickening. I know that I lived in my naivety with bright eyes but I think I much rather enjoyed it there. I like smiling. I seemed to smile more then. I guess it’s because hope is so much closer to beauty than sorrow.


Our pastor challenged us for a week without complaining and the moment he said that…I grumbled. Good start! Then I told my brother that I’d start on Monday. I approached it as if I were starting a diet regimen. Monday came and the pipes were busted and I had no water in my house. I was not in the mood to praise the Lord for my blessings so instead, I did something way more fun! I was an emotional basket case. Aren’t you sad you miss the party? Tuesday came and before I got to work I had a phone call notifying me of an attorney whose uncouth behavior was geared towards me. He was so angry in fact that he decided he was just not going to show up for court that day which in turn, put a kink in the hose on my end. Wednesday I woke up super late (surprise!) and was a grump because I looked like crap all day. Jess, have you matured at all in the last 10 years? And today…you already know about.


Ephesians 4:29 says “Stop all your dirty talk. Say the right thing at the right time and help others by what you say.”


God’s sense of humor cracks me up. I mean that. He gave me that verse to read TODAY. You think maybe He’s trying to tell me something? :)


People have been on the kick for a long time about “Going Green” and I’m all for it. I find myself searching for things that are “Eco friendly” but I’m still spoiled with my hot long showers. You won’t see me at rallies or hugging trees but I do care about our environment. Pollution-everyone suffers with it yet everyone contributes to it. Well, I’m tired of my verbal pollution and I’m sure those around me are too. I have so much to be thankful for and so much praise to give to God. A great way to start helping the environment and the environment around me is to build others up-encourage! There is always a brighter side…you just have to choose to keep your eyes on it.

I’m going to take this seriously. I’m going to stop contributing to verbal pollution for the sake of my spiritual environment. I can make the changes in my behavior, thinking and speaking. I’m sure I’ll have to relearn conversation skills but with God’s help…we got this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Galileo Figaro!

The talent that is AMYLOUWHO.

The Door