The Unforeseen Sentiment

A search for truth
with an echoed stone
among the two
it broke your bones.
The sticks came down
and bruised your skin.
It's what I know now
but didn't know then.

It was innocent.

Hopeful inclination
the calm before the sound
but the door flew open
and bitterness was all I found.
Your words I still carry
vague as it could be
every breath was meant
and meant for only me.

I thank you for the invitation.
Have you expected some untruth?
Because I don’t care who is right or wrong here
But I expected more of you.
We built a wall of misconceptions
and felt our peace get up and leave
It was our sad, sad misfortune
and I just sat in disbelief.
I wish we could go back now
before the words cut right through.
It's not the time to keep our heads down.
Is that the best that you can do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Galileo Figaro!

The talent that is AMYLOUWHO.

The Door