Florence

It’s been a long time since I just wrote an actual blog so I figured it was about time. I hope you all had a wonderful Mother’s Day weekend. I spent the whole weekend with my mother and grandmother. I have to admit that I got a little emotional (it comes and goes) because it hit me how long it’s taking us to get pregnant. There are days when my faith is strong and other days when I feel certain it’s never going to happen. Here lately I’ve been really content with the idea of just us and the pup. I think it’s because I’ve been hearing other people complain about their kids SO MUCH that it’s keeping me hidden from all the joyful moments. It’s probably better that way. I think I’d have an even harder time with patience.
Instead of dwelling on what I DON’T have, I’m looking at what I do and man, God has been good to us. It’s not even close to a perfect life and I like it that way. Life gets messy, we dust ourselves off and press forward! This weekend I just got to fully enjoy one of my biggest blessings in my life. My mom. She raised three kids (on very little) and no matter how much I thank her, she always reminds me to thank God because that’s who she relied on and He provided. I remember one time I said “I can’t believe you did this. All of this…by yourself.” She said “I never did anything by myself.” Her genuinely humble heart is something I seek to have. She’s allowed God to shape her into the woman she is today and I can’t even compare that beauty to a sunset.
We went through some of her old jewelry and that was a blast. I also realized that no matter how old I get, I still love to play dress up. Here’s a pic of some of her jewelry and some items I love through her inspiration.

Florence by silverspeak7
Florence, a photo by silverspeak7 on Flickr.

Comments

  1. i love this babe! what a great reminder to be thankful for those that gave us life! You are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks my Ninja Jon! :P I'm thankful for you too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback! Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Galileo Figaro!

The talent that is AMYLOUWHO.

The Door