Super Love

"Bad things happen, but you can still live."

How was your weekend? Mine was great. My hubby and I got to spend some much needed time together. We went and saw Super 8 and I’ll just say its super great. Ya gotta see it! It made me feel like a kid again. It was like an awesome Goonies and E.T. mashup. Anyway…that’s all I’ll say. If you do see it, let me know what you think.
Date night by silverspeak7
This pic is a nod to my friend, Amy, who is helping me with my making my blog shnazzy. I took some pics from the night but then for some reason I took a pic of my feet. Amy does cute things like that (among many other talents). Afterwards I noticed how much she’s influencing me. :) Check out her blog here!---AMYLOUWHO 

I was at my sister’s house last night. She’s such beautiful person, inside and out. She took the task of being a big sister with full care and responsibility. I’m so thankful to have her. Through the years she has managed to be my role model, therapist, encourager, rival, teacher, best friend, peacemaker, financial adviser…and she did/does it all while still being ridiculously fun. I guess she learned that from Mom. We had our fights, no doubt, but I honestly don’t remember them nearly as much as I remember all of our good and dorky-to-the-core moments. Just a sweet thought about my sister that I gotta share. I could be off on the dates but she was about 13 and I was 6, she didn’t have money to buy me a birthday present. She wasn’t really crafty but she knew I loved my Barbies so she sewed me little Barbie clothes. How sweet is that? It really touches my heart that she took the time to do that for me. Of course, being 6…I was bratty and didn’t appreciate the clothes at all. I know…I was a mean kid. If it matters, I appreciate it NOW!

Do you have a sibling or best friend that you’ve stuck with through thick and thin since you were young? Realistically, I get that it’s possible for our bond to be damaged. I pray that it doesn’t. However, we’re messy people with messy lives. Ya never know…but I do know it can never be broken.

Comments

  1. Cuteness!
    I really need to see this flic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! You decribed that movie very similarly to one of my favorite bloggers! You should definitely go check out her post! Here's the link: http://amyschmamey.blogspot.com/2011/06/super-8.html
    She's another awesome Amy! Lol! ;)
    Your sister sounds amazing! I really wish I had a sister. I have one younger brother and he is joining the Navy. We are close, but not that close. I'm really going to miss him though. I'm having a hard time thinking about him leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love Amylou and her blog! She is a fantatic blogger. I am really liking what I see here too! New follower. I think it was your hubs that commented on my Super 8 blog! I THOUGHT THAT WAS SUPER COOL! :) I am also glad that we agree on the movie. I am going to try and see it again on Saturday. :) Can't wait! P.S. Me and my sis are close now, but when we were kids she hated me and we fought like cats and dogs. ha. Now I love her so much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback! Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Galileo Figaro!

The talent that is AMYLOUWHO.

The Door