Why is a raven like a writing desk?

I’ve been away, I know. I’ve been trying to keep myself really busy because my hubby is helping out in Joplin, MO for the week.  I don’t know what my problem is but I haven’t been thinking clearly since he left.  I’ve also been really emotional.  I’ve been crying every day. A lot.  It’s pretty ridiculous.  It’s it a little too obvious how much I miss him. When did I become such a sissy? I feel like that’s kinda selfish of me.  Here I am…wanting the comfort of him here with me and he’s there helping and restoring homes of people, some of who will never see their loved ones again.  I’m a jerk.  Just to note, he’s not by himself.  He’s leading the youth group. Get this; Jon wanted to plan a big youth trip this year.  He was thinking something like, oh I don’t know…Rock the Desert or a big concert like that.  Fun right? So when he asked the youth what THEY wanted to do, they said they wanted to help the people in Joplin.  They didn’t want a water park, a concert, a beach….they wanted to be the hands and feet of Jesus.  That blows our minds.  Jon has such a good group of kids who realize that faith without action is nothing.  They inspire me.  They give me hope that not ALL of their generation is filled with selfishness and crappy music.  They are the change they want to see in the world.  I love that Jon is allowing God to lead him for this youth group but I also love that this youth group is leading by example to others around them.  People can look at them and see that they are not self-righteous or pointing fingers, they simply love as Jesus loved.  We need more Christians like that.  Okay, I just had to brag on them a bit.

Oh let me share this and then I’m done. So, you know how I said I’m not thinking clearly? Yeah, well, yesterday I went to lunch with my mom.  We spent about an hour talking and eating some of the best almond chicken ever created.  When we both decided to part ways and go back to our jobs, I started looking for my keys.  They were nowhere to be found.  I’m looking franticly in my purse.  Nada.  After advising me to get a smaller purse, my mom says, “Jess, don’t worry. Let’s just go to your car and see if they are in there.” We walk to my car which was NOT parked close to the front of this wonderful Chinese eatery.  As we get closer I notice my windshield wipers are still going.  Then…I see…my car is still running.  Doors unlocked.  Keys inside.  Lights on.  You got it.

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE DONE THIS.  Thank God no one decided to go for a joy ride.  I might as well have had an announcer standing beside it saying, “FREE CAR – This lovely four door beauty is filled with music and refreshing cucumber-lime scent. AND if you steal now, you’ll also get this random free wardrobe in the back seat. That’s right, FREE!”

Have I gone mad?

Comments

  1. 1st of all....Alice = LOVE.
    K...now that is done, I'm so sorry that you are missing Jon. You aren't selfish. We just miss our guys sometimes and that is human! I'm glad Jon is getting to do that though and the kids too. They all sound amazing! I wish I could meet them!
    And you totally cracked me up as I was reading about your car! Although it's not funny, it's scary! The Lord protected it! So glad it wasn't taken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived reading this! They certainly are an incredible group of young people!!! I live you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback! Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Galileo Figaro!

The talent that is AMYLOUWHO.

The Walking Dead