Housekeeping

The Current Status of Health and such.  If you’re not interested…skip!
I started researching a few things today and found out that women with PCOS – which is what I have – need more protein in their diets.  So, it’s a change in the game for me.  This weight is some kind of stubborn!  I recently started taking Metformin.  I started taking it a long time ago and hated what it did to my stomach but a friend of mine who also has PCOS said that I needed to treat Meformin like it’s the cure.  Thankfully, they have Meformin extended release which is way easier on the stomach.  I’m starting to take B12 because a lot of women with PCOS may have a B12 deficiency that can also contribute to infertility a long with much, much more. As far as weight loss goes, I’ve loss some pounds but not enough for me to flip over.  I started Advocare and then quit.  I lost like 5lbs the first weeks but I could not get it together with the meal planning.  I’ll be starting it again because it was only 10 days and I felt the difference.  I know I’ll see results if I stick to it and start planning ahead. Smoothies have been quick and easy but I need to put more effort into it.

Random thought...
Should I paint my tiny living room a shade of blue or one of the 50 shades of gray? Should I have a Sherlock / Vintage theme? Hmm. I love the BBC's Sherlock. Omgee. Yeah, we can't get enough of that show.


I've cleaning out my closet and getting rid of all kinds of stuff.  I'm giving away a lot of nice clothes.  Not because they don't fit but I just feel like my style is evolving again and it doesn't feel like me anymore. Is that strange? I can’t wait to start wearing boots, scarves, long sleeves, plaid, playing in the leaves, drinking pumpkin chai lattes, blankets and breathing in that crisp air. It’s my absolute favorite time of the year.  I just feel like it takes too long to get here with all the humidity, hurricanes and mosquitoes…ugh! Go away! I had a mosquito trapped in my house and I could never kill the dang thing.  It tagged me 10 times (no joke) on JUST my left arm. Come on! I'm very cautious about wearing bug spray but I don't if I'm going to stay INSIDE. Sneaky, evil bloodsucker. 


I won't have to endure this weather for too much longer because...I'm going to CHICAGO!!! Oh yeah!! I'm so excited! I hate that I'm leaving Jon behind. He can't go because of training. I know it's going to be an awesome experience and I'm going to enjoy the feeling of scratching some things off of my bucket list. :)  I get to go with some pretty amazing people too.  Jenni (my friend from church who has literally set this whole trip up) and my brother! We're staying at the Hotel Lincoln, overlooking Lincoln Park and Lake Michigan. The hotel is so artsy fartsy that I think I'm literally going to explode with joy.  "Housekeeping!"


Comments

  1. I am SO ready for fall as well! Those clothes are perfect too <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Going to email you a diet plan to look at. Jess, you have to make up your mind that you want to lose weight. Until you decide this is it, nothing is going to work for you. I would love to help you in any way I can, please do not hesitate to call or ask.
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you found somethings that will help with your health! Praying for miracles in Jesus name!
    And Sherlock!! Definitely! Steven and I have been loving the BBC version too!
    Love that outfit you styled! So cute and perfect for fall! Love the birds of course!
    And NO WAY you are going to Chi-town! Just got super jealous! I'm almost done editing photos now and I'm so nostalgic! Wish I was going with you!!! Please take tons of photos! And if you need suggestions, I'm your girl!
    I love that you are blogging again! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback! Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Galileo Figaro!

The talent that is AMYLOUWHO.

The Door