Galileo Figaro!

















Well, the in-laws left yesterday morning and we had so much fun with them while they were here.  Eli is wild and hilariously fun.  It was a big adjustment having a two year old in our house for a week.  Our home isn't really child-proof and we are used to making plans, coming and going, without having to worry about attitudes and nap times.  It was interesting to say the least.  I love that kid.  He's so sweet in nature.  When he hugged me bye this morning, he just staying in my arms for a lil longer than your average hug.  I almost teared up and it was nice to just hold him.  His mom and dad are doing a great job raising him.  I'm looking forward to our next visit. OH! My sweet sister in law made me these rings! She's so talented. :)

I hope you all had a wonderful Independence Day!!! Do you have any favorite moments from the weekend? One of my favorite moments was my family sitting at the dinner table singing Queen and humming the Star Wars Theme Song. All I could do was laugh because we're such nerds. I feel really blessed to be living in this beautiful country and grateful for all of our men and women in service. I hate that so many take it for granted.  The more I thought about it, the more it upset me. But then I remembered that so many, including myself, take a lot of things that are free for granted.  I thought of God's grace. I thought of His free gift of eternal life that I never deserved but was given anyway...simply because He loves me. I've failed in my life countless times and He's always been faithful because...He loves me. Oh how He loves...

The amazing thing is, that no matter
who I am
what color I am
what background I'm from
where I'm going
what lies I've told
what promises I've broken
what I've failed to do
what I've done
or what I'm going to do...
His unconditional love is there to stay.


Comments

  1. I absolutely LOVE that song. I heard it at Jr camp for the 1st time this year and it gets better each time I hear a new artist put their twist on it. Thanks for the Flyleaf version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! Humming Star Wars theme song sounds soooo much fun! I'm a new fan of the saga but let me tell you... if I was there... i would have sang with my best voice :)))
    xxx,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a wonderful weekend. The images are so lovely especially that adorable boy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your kind comment. What a cutie your nephew is!

    I agree we take things for granted so often. It is good to stop and reflect on these things. But isn't it wonderful that we can take things for granted? I know that sounds weird but we are so loved by God that we know we are safe in His arms. We live in a country borne on the ideals of cooperate (group) and individual freedom and we can rest in that to an extent. I never want to forget the sacrifices paid for both of those, but I am so thankful that I literally have to stop and ponder them because they are such a part of our lives/heritage.

    Godspeed.
    Lily
    http://lillian-davis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eli is soooo precious! Gah!
    So glad you all had a good time together. Wish I could have been a fly on the wall for the Queen rendition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely snapshots from you weekend! Looks like you had a blast ... that 4 wheeler looks fun :)

    ♥ Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics. I had a great 4th. My favorite moment was probably playing apples to apples with the fam. Fun times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just made a blog please check it out and tell your friends!:)
    http://forms-of-art.blogspot.com/2011/07/heart-of-art-chapter-one.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback! Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Popular posts from this blog

The talent that is AMYLOUWHO.

The Walking Dead