Holdin' on to every moment.

There aren’t enough hours in the day. Really.  I figured I would go ahead and update because I’ll have family in soon and won’t get a chance to.  I just gotta note some pretty wonderful things that happened since the last time I was here.


My hubby and his team came home from Joplin, MO. Like I said before, I’m so proud of him & the youth group.  The damage from the tornado is unreal. He felt like the work they did hardly made a dent but I know that it was worth it. God did some pretty remarkable things in so many people’s lives.  If you’re interested in reading his story, you can find it HERE. Oh and here are some pics of where they worked. I can't help but feel brokenhearted when I see these.

Photo taken by my hubby. So sad! :'(

another one.

This is the place they worked.  Sam's Place.  Here's the before and after,

 
Faith came home from Costa Rica! For those that don’t know, she’s like a little sister to me.  She was gone for two months interning for The Abraham Project.  Faith found out about a year ago that God called her to be a missionary. Her name suits her perfectly because her story of faith is remarkable and it’s so evident in her life.  I’m excited to have her back.  We also just celebrated her 19th birthday! Woot! Here's the birthday girl!

I love this girl!

My mom has never watched Harry Potter and never intended to because it’s of the devil.  After an informative conversation or two, I suggested we watch it together.  She said she would only watch one and I’d have to pick which one that would be.  I said “Ooooooh nooo. You can’t watch one and not all.” She finally agreed to watch them.  So we watched The Sorcerer’s Stone which took 3-4 days to watch because she wouldn’t pay attention or she’d get up and leave the room but tell me not to pause it.  Nerve-racking.  Then she’d ask me what / why / when something happened and I’m like “MOM, if you’d sit down and WATCH it then you would KNOW.” Lol! Anyway, she watched it and seemed to enjoy it.  When we went to lunch Sunday, my sister and I mentioned a woman and her husband, Hardriss (don’t know if that’s how you spell it). My mom says, “Her husband’s name is Hagrid?” Man oh man! She cracks me up! Oh and yesterday I get this text…
Btw, Mom is in white.

Here’s a background for the last bit...My favorite singer in the entire world is Joy Williams.  I’ve followed her music since she started.  She was really big in the Christian music scene but left that and started her own recording, management and licensing firm.  She made some EPs here and there which were immediately placed in my collection. Some of her songs were featured on Grey’s Anatomy and Drop Dead Diva. So, a few years ago she teamed up with another wonderful singer and writer, John Paul White.  Together, they formed the breathtaking group The Civil Wars.  The moment I heard of their duo, I downloaded the only thing I could find, Live at Eddie Attic.  And it was free!! SWEET! All this to say, I sent her a message. And she…she wrote on my wall.  Yep. It was a smiley face.  WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! THEN............................................…
She said I was awesome. 

Oh yes.  Joy Williams thinks I’m awesome.



I feel like it’s my birthday!
Dork out!

Comments

  1. Ok Ok OK....First of all...I LOVE READING YOUR BLOG! I'm so glad that you have started writing more. I'm always looking out for a new post from you dear friend!

    2nd: Jon is crazy amazing! I have been reading his last two posts and I'm floored! I'm amazing by your youth group and I can't believe the small details he's been writing about. Jon is amazing! Seriously. Can't wait to read the rest!

    3rd: your Mom sounds like a hoot! Those texts cracked me up! So glad she is giving HP a chance! I was glad when my momma did too.

    4th: YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! I didn't know she used to be a christian singer. Kind of sad that she isn't anymore, but still amazing either way! And she wrote you back? Where?!!! Twitter? FB? I gotta see this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, any credit at all deserves to go to the Lord first and foremost, He put together an incredible team and really all I did was drive, the young people made the trip even more amazing. Reading your account of your mom and the joy williams thing COMPLETELY cracked me up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback! Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Galileo Figaro!

The talent that is AMYLOUWHO.

The Door