Learn to Love



I know this isn't like my other entries but I needed to share it with you.

I just want to ask if you would join me in prayer for marriages and families. I know that’s pretty broad but I felt really pressed to pray. I don’t know about y’all but a huge majority of my friends (around my age) are struggling, separated, divorced or on their second separations/divorces. I don’t mean to come across as arrogant. Jon and I don’t have a perfect marriage. I also feel pressed to pray for the younger and future generations because I hate seeing the example ours has set. I know there are different circumstances that lead to that point and I know it’s not just my generation struggling but we seem to just give up so easily. We’ve missed the mark and we have no idea what commitment is. I wrote part of this prayer down to share with you all. Please join me in prayer, today.

Father, we come before you asking you to intervene. I pray that my generation will come to know the beauty of love and oneness through You. That Your healing hand and forgiveness would cover these families and create a desire to serve You and learn how to love by Your perfect example. I pray for protection of the children who are caught in between this struggle. Guard their precious hearts and wrap them in Your arms. Help the future generations grasp the seriousness of marriage and not take it lightly. Help us to keep You first in ALL areas in our lives. Help us to keep our promises and remember the vows we’ve spoken. Help us remember that love really is worth fighting for and give us strength to press through. I thank you Jesus, for loving us…imperfections and all. May we learn to love like You.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 

Comments

  1. this was perfect.
    i've had this feeling a lot, too... completely separate from my own recent engagement.
    thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garsh! Such a great post.. Which makes me think about all of this.. I think it boils down to the desecration of the sanctity and holiness of sex and marriage... Sex outside of a marital commitment is probably one of the root issues for failing marriages.. I'm currently reading about it.. It's called Kosher Sex.. Recommend it to singles and married people every where.. I truly believe the Lord created sex to be something precious and sacred shared with one person...to become one flesh..Not something sold on street corners and on billboards.. Makes me sad... We have a lot of half souls walking around...And all that stems from people not believing in the Lord... Ahh.. Praying! I know of so many people with faltering marriages and yet..so many good marriages too! I need prayer for my own marriage Far from perfect.. definitely hard sometimes..but so much better with the Lord at the center... He gives us strength... Seriously great post Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess! You are such a blessing to me sweet lady! I hope you continue to post things like this when God puts them on your heart! I know that I need this pray for my own marriage as well as friends and family. Thank you for posting this! I'm agreeing in prayer with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a beautiful heart. Thanks for your openness. Love you, Jess.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback! Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Galileo Figaro!

The talent that is AMYLOUWHO.

The Door